Here is the installation guide for Witty. No coding or technical help needed. In 3 simple steps, you're ready to use Witty.
Step 1: Install the plugin
- Fill out this form and we'll send you immediately an email.
- Open the link given in the email in Chrome, Edge or Firefox and add the plugin.
- If your company doesn't allow you to install browser plugins, please contact us and we'll support you in working with your company's internal IT.
Step 2: Add the extension in Chrome or Edge
- In the popup, click on Add Extension.
- In the top right corner of your browser, click on the puzzle icon and pin the extension to your browser.
Step 2: Add the extension in Firefox
- In the popup, click on Add Witty.
Step 3: Configure the extension
- Click on the extension and activate it.
- Choose your primary language as well as your preferred languages. By setting your preferred languages, you define which languages are detected and which variant of German you prefer. E.g. by choosing Swiss German, the word Gruss will be written with ss, and by choosing German, it will be written with ß.
- Also, choose which German gender ending you prefer. By doing so, Witty helps you to consistently use that ending.
You are ready to go! 👍🏿👍🏽👍🏻
- Witty works currently with Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, and Firefox. We are working hard to make it work with more tools. We let you know as soon as it works in an additional tool.
- If Witty is not yet working on the website you need, you can always copy-paste your text into this form to use Witty.